early pregnancy symptoms before missed period

Not sure if you are expecting? Here are the early pregnancy symptoms you can look for!

For married couples, a symptom of pregnancy can be indicative of hope, starting a family and giving birth to a new life. And the same thing can be a nightmare for the unmarried ones. For them, it can be mentally agitating because contraceptives are only 98 percent effective and it is the remaining 2 percent that keeps them perturbed. And there are some people who can afford to overlook the early pregnancy symptoms before missed period but when the lines strike pink after a few months’ time, no other situation can be more unsettling. early pregnancy Symptoms For anyone who falls in the aforementioned categories or not, here are some early pregnancy symptoms to look out for before your missed period. But it is to be remembered that until a positive test result is generated, there isn’t any way to know when you are expecting because at times, early pregnancy symptoms imitates PMS symptoms.

Early pregnancy symptoms before missed period

early pregnancy symptoms

Sore breasts

Breast tenderness is one of the earliest signs of pregnancy because of the increased level of progesterone in the body. The breasts will be tender and heavier than usual. One may even experience slight pain upon touching them. While this symptom is not unlike the PMS symptoms, the only difference is that in case of pregnancy, the pain still remains even after your missed period.

Fatigue

This is a common symptom especially during the initial months of pregnancy. It is due to the changes in hormones of our body and lowered blood sugar and blood pressure levels.

Nausea

Nausea and morning sickness usually start between fourth and sixth weeks of pregnancy due to the inrush of new pregnancy hormones in the body. But the feeling of nausea can also be symptomatic of PMS.

Cervical mucus

You may notice an increased vaginal discharge during early stages and this will continue throughout the pregnancy as the cervix softens. During the first trimester, you secrete pale, yellow and sticky mucus-like thing. This is because of the increase in hormones and vaginal blood flow.

Slight bleeding before your missed period

At times, an appearance of spotting or vaginal bleeding is noticeable as early pregnancy symptoms which is also known as ‘implantation bleeding’. This occurs as the fertilized egg gets attached to the lining of the uterus after 10-14 days of fertilization. Unlike our usual periods, this kind of bleeding is lighter in colour and doesn’t last long. Some women also experience cramping along with bleeding.

Increase in basal body temperature (BBT)

BBT is the temperature of our body when it is fully at rest and this is usually taken after we wake up in the morning. An elevation in BBT for 18 days or more following ovulation can be indicative of pregnancy but this is most effective if you have been keeping track of your BBT for a while.

Frequent urination

During pregnancy, there will be increased amount of blood pumped and this results in the kidneys producing more fluids which in turn causes more fluids in the urinary bladder. Frequent need to urinate can be an early symptom of pregnancy and this can appear as early as the second or third week of pregnancy. Other early pregnancy symptoms before missed period may include bloating, constipation, food cravings, mood swings, darkening of areolas and sensitized smell. Pregnancy symptoms vary from person to person and they can also be easily confused with PMS. Hence it is not advisable to rely on the symptoms alone: one should rather consult a doctor or take home pregnancy test. Additionally, it is always suggested to make use of contraceptives to stay safe from STDs.

Daniel is our UK-based freelance Editor. As part of our quest towards credible news, Doctor's Clinic Blog India affiliates with individuals from other parts of the world to provide an in-depth focus on essential topics. Daniel received his degree from the University of Sheffield, and since then, worked to multiple sites as a freelance contributor and editor.

Leave a reply