Useful Tips for Dengue Protection
Dengue is an infirmity caused by a virus that is spread by Aedes aegypti mosquitoes. Symptoms include high fever, nausea or vomiting, headache, rashes, and pain/contraction in the eyes, joints, and muscles. After a person is bitten by an infected mosquito, these symptoms can take around 2 weeks to emerge. In some severe cases, symptoms might include extreme stomach pain, frequent vomiting, hemorrhage from the nose or gums, and ultimately death. Here are some of the useful tips for dengue protection:
- Overturn the empty containers and buckets, so that they do not accumulate waste water. And in case the container that is filled with water cannot be emptied, don’t forget to cover when not in use.
- Apply mosquito repellents on all exposed areas of your body, during the day as well as at night to prevent dengue. Also, you can use herbal day time mosquito repellent like UNICA dengue protection, which is a simple way to keep your home mosquito-free.
- Check that your window and door screens do not have any cracks. If so, cover those areas suitably to obstruct mosquitoes from entering in your premises.
- Always sleep in an enclosed mosquito net, especially children as they sleep during the day and thus, they get more prone to mosquito bites during this time.
- If you have a cooler installed at home, make sure you unload and clean the water tray frequently, even if not in use.
- Always cover up your wastebasket or dustbin when not in use.
- A natural technique to keep mosquitoes away is to keep a tulsi plant near your windowpane. The plant inherits properties that stop mosquitoes to breed.
- Making use of camphor as a repellent also works wonders. Burn camphor in a room and shut all the doors and windows. Leave it like this for half an hour to have mosquito free surroundings.