Dandruff is a common skin condition where you will notice flakes on your scalp, although, it is neither contagious nor a serious issue but when it gets out of hand, you might face issues like itchy scalp, redness or tender scalp. Most people don’t need to consult a doctor but if you think your dandruff is getting a little too much, it is recommended to consult a dermatologist. Hair fall, on the other hand, can be due to heredity or hormonal changes, medical conditions, stress or aging.
What are the causes of Dandruff?
- Irritated, oily skin
- Not shampooing enough or leaving oil in your hair for too long
- Oil residue for malassezia to feed on
- Dry skin
- Sensitivity to hair care products
- Other skin conditions like psoriasis and eczema
Now, the most important question is ‘HOW to be Dandruff–free?’
Apart from all the solutions available to us like the shampoos, hair & scalp cleansers and other hair-care products, there are a few things we can bring to practice to control hair-fall and dandruff. Listed below are the easy home remedies for dandruff and hair fall:
Easy-peasy lemon squeezy: One of the best home remedies for dandruff and hair fall
- Before shampooing your hair, slice a lemon in two and further slice one down, facing down on your skin. Gently rub the slice across your roots all over your head. This will help your hair get rid of the sticky-flakes stuck to your roots.
- Squeeze the other half of the lemon in a bowl and add some water and a teaspoon of honey to it. Apply the mixture on our scalp after the first step. The citrus will help fight any fungal infections and oil residues and the honey will give you relief from the itching and irritable skin. It will also give your hair shine and moisture.
Cool it with Aloe Vera: One of the easiest home remedies for dandruff and hair fall
- Aloe Vera may also be an effective treatment for hair loss as well as dandruff
- Apply Aloe Vera on your cleansed scalp
- Use it as your conditioner after you are done cleaning your hair with lemon and then shampooing out the honey-lemon mixture. Just apply the aloe all over your hair and scalp
- Leave it on for 10 to 15 minutes and remember to rinse off thoroughly
Neem for your scalp: One of the most effective home remedies for dandruff and hair fall
- Neem oil is also a very nice exfoliator for your scalp. It not only cleans the scalp but also kills all the bacteria that maybe causing any fungal infections or breakage of hair
- It is great in both oil or juice form
Tee tree and olive oil: One of the most common home remedies for dandruff and hair fall
- Warm up some olive oil for a few seconds and add in 3-5 drops of tea tree oil
- Apply this mixture 3 times a week and you’ll be amazed to see how your hair is healthy and your scalp is dandruff-free!
Zzz-time hair care: One of those home remedies for dandruff and hair fall that we often ignore
- NEVER tie your hair tight while you sleep – makes hair week, give you head ache issues
- Don’t sleep on your hair – it causes damage and breakage
- Just like your teeth, brush your hair before bed!
- Don’t sleep with a product on as far as its user-manual doesn’t say so
- A soft bun or a braid is great
Remember, any residue on your hair or the scalp can result in fungal or dandruff build-up which will cause hair fall too! We hope this served you with the best home remedies for dandruff and hair fall. Good luck with your hair care!
Also Read: HOW PROTEIN CAN REJUVENATE YOUR HAIR