Messi diet plan and workout routine: The secret behind Barcelona talisman’s triumph
A day prior to the match, Lionel Messi’s diet plan comprises of fish/prawn/chicken, along with boiled potatoes, green vegetables and fruits to strengthen the muscles and repair the body tissues.
One of the best football players in the history of the game, Lionel Messi has gotten better with every new season. It is no secret that the talisman is quite formidable even in his thirties, but there is some secret behind his strong physique and performance. Let’s have a look at Messi’s diet plan and workout routine:
The stringent diet plan of Messi
- Messi always sticks to a strict diet plan and doesn’t let the energy level drop at any time even on no match days.
- About ten days before a football match, he cuts down the intake of carbohydrates altogether.
- His diet includes three protein shakes during the course of the day, besides 7-8 glasses of plain water.
- Messi starts the intake of vegetable soup five days prior to a match, which includes various ingredients, such as turmeric, chilli powder, coriander and ginger. All of these ingredients help in the thinning of blood.
- A day prior to the match, Lionel Messi’s diet plan comprises of fish/prawn/chicken, along with boiled potatoes, green vegetables and fruits to strengthen the muscles and repair the body tissues.
- An hour and a half before the match, Messi usually eats seasonal fruits, which generally include mango, apple, banana, etc.
The importance of a healthy diet cannot be undermined by any athlete, if he or she is committed to increase the chances of performing better in any given sports. Messi understandably prefers a balanced diet plan to get proper nutrition and strength. For the midnight meal, Messi loves to have pasta, along with tad of tuna, while his soup intake is always good.
A precise workout routine to compliment the nutrition
When it comes to the workout routine, Messi often focuses on maximizing his agility before the match day. His workout is divided into different sections.
- Messi practices the pillar bridge-front, lunges, hamstring stretches and pillar skips.
- He also looks to strengthen his core and leg muscles, alongside doing different acceleration drills to boost his pace.
- Messi’s workout routine is often intended to maximize his multi-directional speed.
- He also uses pillar skips, skipping ropes and squats to build his leg muscles.
- He improves the lateral movement by skipping past diagonal hurdles, cones and other obstacles.
- Messi drinks plenty of water to keep himself hydrated and jogs for five to ten minutes to cool down the body temperature.
Check out other celebrity diet plan and workout routine:
- JOHN ABRAHAM’S WORKOUT ROUTINE AND DIET PLAN
- CRISTIANO RONALDO’S DIET PLAN AND WORKOUT ROUTINE
- SONU SOOD’S DIET PLAN
- SUNNY LEONE’S DIET PLAN
- SAIF ALI KHAN’S DIET PLAN AND WORKOUT ROUTINE
- SARA ALI KHAN’S DIET PLAN
- FOLLOW VIRAT KOHLI VEGAN DIET
- VIDYUT JAMMWAL’S DIET PLAN AND WORKOUT ROUTINE
- AAMIR KHAN’S DIET PLAN AND WORKOUT ROUTINE