Oral hygine tips for your healthy teeth
Put on your best smile every day!
The phrase “Practice Good Dental Hygiene” may sound cliché. But taking proper care of teeth and gum is the first, most-important step to dodge severe oral diseases. If you wish to keep your teeth healthy and intact, the following best 0ral hygiene guidelines and suggestions may can ensure you a healthy, multi-million dollar smile for long! Here are a few of the best oral hygiene tips by dentists at MGS Hospital.
Quick Dental Tips
- Brush your teeth at least two times in a day.
- Floss your teeth every day.
- Change your toothbrush after every 3 months.
- Replace your toothbrush with a new one after recovering from an illness.
- Use a fluoride toothpaste and mouthwash to protect the enamel and avoid cavities.
- Go for oral check-ups and dental cleaning twice a year.
- Avoid fizzy drinks/sugary sodas.
- Eat fibre-rich fruits and vegetables.
- Avoid packaged snacks. Have nutrient-dense nuts instead.
- Do not smoke as it causes gum diseases.
- Always use a soft-bristled toothbrush.
- Don’t rush when you brush.Keep the strokes short and gentle.
- Drink plenty of water.
Right Way to Brush Teeth
- Start with outer surfaces. Sweep or roll your brush (tilted at a 45° angle) over your upper and lower teeth.
- Use short back-and-forth strokes to clean the inner surfaces, both upper and lower.
- Brush the chewing surfaces of the teeth properly.
- Make small circular strokes with the tip of your vertically-tilted brush to clean the insides of the front teeth.
- Remove bacteria from the tongue by gently brushing your tongue.
- Brush for at least 2 minutes. (Use a stopwatch to keep a track of time initially!)
- Pay special attention on hard-to-reach back teeth, gum line, and areas around crowns or fillings.
Make Dental Care Fun for Children:
- Buy them attractive, colourful brushes.
- Try bright animal-shaped floss holders and such interesting accessories.
- Get sparkly, flavoured toothpaste for kids.
- Prepare daily dental charts for children. Reward them often.
- Lead by example. Make healthy food choices yourself for them to learn.
Best Superfoodsfor Healthy Teeth
- Whole grains
- Green tea
- Basil (tulsi)
Do not fear the dentist. Your teeth need professional maintenance, just like how your car does. So these are the best tips coined out by the dentists at MGS hospital. Keep those pearly whites healthy.